Rachel Karu, ICF Los Angeles President
Time is flying so quickly. Personally, this is a very exciting time as my daughter just graduated UCSB with a BS in Bio-psychology (with honors), my son completed his first year of High School and I am more than halfway done with my year as ICFLA President.
From my vantage point, this has been a year of explosive action and growth for ICFLA. It is exciting to see our strategies gain traction. For example:
- We changed our chapter meeting programming from monthly to every other month. Our attendance is growing dramatically. We had 60 people at our last meeting!
- We’ve created 9 special interest groups since January.
- Our newest Special Interest groups include:
- Career Coaches Virtual SIG - Leader: Elaine Padilla
- Newer Coaches Virtual SIG (Evening) - Leader: Keith Miller
- Master Certified Coach Virtual SIG - Leader: Damian Goldvarg
- We hosted an amazing special event with Judith Glaser. We had 200 people register and 167 from around the world that actually attended!
- We are an exhibitor at the upcoming HR Conference in Long Beach 8/26-8/29. Our members will be offering laser coaching sessions to conference participants.
- We started 2 new coaching cafes: Thousand Oaks and Peace Awareness Labyrinth and Gardens near Downtown Los Angeles.
- We created our valued volunteer program where you can earn a free chapter meeting after volunteering for 4 hours.
- Our membership numbers continue to rise. We are currently at 358 members. This is a 26 person increase since January! Keep spreading the word about the value of membership!
I want to remind you that our next Chapter Meeting is 8/1/18 at the Skirball with Christie Mann – super exciting!
We will continue to hold our coaching cafes and special interest groups during July.
We also have our Talent Blast happening October 3rd. So far, we have participation from Association Talent Development, Organization Development in Los Angeles, Professionals in Human Resources Association, and the National Speakers Association.
As I write all of these wonderful happenings, I am delighted as I reflect on the feedback I continue to receive from you, our amazing members. Some of you have shared that the energy at chapter meetings is palatable. Many of you are providing positive feedback after our various events. It is affirming to have many of you mirror back what I am experiencing as well. It lets me know we are on track.
We require your ongoing support to keep this amazing activity level alive. This means we need you to raise your hand and let us know how you want to be involved. Please check out our volunteer opportunities or just tell us what amazing ideas you have for the community.
Thanks for your enthusiastic participation, creative ideas, and incredible support for our coaching community.
On we grow…