Rachel Karu, MS, ACC, ICF Los Angeles President
Happy Summer ICFLA!
I hope you are enjoying this wonderful this time of year and are creating space for relaxation and fun.
Your Board of Directors has been busy at work continuing our quest to “ARE” you (attract, retain, engage).
I have been delighted to receive feedback from many of you thanking us for really “upping” our game this year. Words cannot express how much I appreciate our Board and volunteers to make things happen in such a short period of time.
It blows my mind how we have expanded our programming and services including:
- 9 Special Interest Groups (brand new since January)
- Over 27 award winning amazing Teleclasses
- 5 Coaching Cafes (2 new groups since January)
- Special event with Judith Glaser – we had over 200 people participate!
- More frequent and regular communication with our members and potential members
- Updated the “Find a Coach” and “Post an Event” features on our website
- Our brand new Valued Volunteer Program
- And much more!
Our expenses have increased in order to maintain the expanded programming and services. Much of the added expense is due to the increased need to utilize our wonderful virtual assistants so that we can keep “the ship” running smoothly and soundly.
Despite our expanded offerings and increased expenses, ICFLA membership rates have remained the same ($75) for the last 10 years. Rather than stagnate our growth or offerings, the only natural solution is to slightly increase membership rates so we can continue to provide the fantastic offerings and excellent services that ICFLA is known for.
For these reasons, we are raising the ICFLA membership and Community Associate rate to $90 per year effective September 1. Our newly created Student Associate membership will remain at $45.
An opportunity for you
We understand that the costs of running a coaching business can be high, and we do not want to negatively impact our members in any way. After careful consideration, we want to offer members the opportunity to pre-renew their next membership year at the current rate. This means that if you renew your membership by August 31st (even if your expiration date is next year), you can take advantage of the current $75 rate for an additional year.
How does pre-renewal work?
You can renew your membership by August 31st (even if your expiration date is next year), you can take advantage of the current $75 rate for an additional year. This pre-renewal will tack on an additional year to your membership.
- If your membership expiration date is April 2019, you can pre-renew your membership for $75 which will push out your expiration date to April 2020.
How can I pre-renew?
Just visit the “Join or Renew” page HERE, and select “renew membership,” then follow the instructions.
Increased need for Volunteers
As we continue to grow we also need to rely more heavily on our Volunteers. Below are current vital openings for that will allow us to continue to delight you, our members. If you would like to learn more, please contact President Elect Sarah Khambatta at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Associate Director of Teleclass
- Associate Director of SIGs
- Associate Director of Chapter Events
- Associate Director of Special Events (such as the Judith Glaser event) and Coaching Cafes
Additionally, there are several Ambassador roles open for those who want to be involved and get their feet wet.
We have recently updated our chapter bylaws as part of our effort to ensure order and clarity for the chapter. Please be on the lookout for a vote on the bylaws 8/3. The variations from our previous bylaws include:
- Electronic ballot will be happening in September versus November
- We have created Associate Director roles. This is a new level of volunteer designed for somebody who has an interest in being on the Board. FYI, benefits include free chapter meetings for you and a guest!
We appreciate you reading them and voting on them by 8/17.
We are incredibly blessed to be such a vibrant and growing chapter. We could not do this without YOU – our wonderful members and guests. Thanks for your continued support.
On we grow,