Rachel Karu, MS, ACC, ICF Los Angeles President
I am definitely experiencing an ICFLA high right now:
- We had an amazing March chapter meeting with Tiana Sanchez speaking on the Upside of Failure. In addition to a wonderful topic and speaker, there was a huge buzz in the room with over 50 participants. We had 13 walkins which was amazing!!
- ICFLA President Elect Sarah Khambatta and I recently returned from the ICF Global Leaders Forum (GLF) in Vancouver. It was quite an impressive event with:
• 127 out of 131 chapters present
• Representing 143 countries
The purpose of GLF is to support chapter leaders with everything related to running a chapter effectively.
GLF was inspiring as it reminds me that all ICF chapters and its 33,000 members share a global vision to work towards societal change by impacting one person at a time. What a powerful mission to be a part of!
We at ICFLA want to impact you by providing education, community, and support so you can have the impact you want to have on your clients and ultimately the world.
We want to ensure that you are receiving value from your local and global membership. This desire to serve you is how we came up with the “ARE” vision for the year – how can we Attract, Retain, and most importantly Engage you as our members.
During GLF we learned about ICF Global’s 2018 Strategic Goals:
- ICF members represent excellence in professional coaching
- ICF has the strongest global brand
- ICF fosters the application of coaching for societal change
- ICF is the most relevant professional coaching organization
- ICF promotes professional coaching
- ICF further develops and progresses the plans to expand the scope and influenceof the organization
Many of the strategies mentioned above have a common theme: how ICF can provide us as coaches with credibility and community. Being a certified coach sets us up for success to have frameworks and competencies to deliver outstanding results for our clients.
Ongoing education and events also provides opportunities for us to build a solid network of colleagues whom we can lean on for camaraderie, ongoing learning, and support.
In the spirit of Attracting, Retaining, and Engaging you I am pleased to announce our new Valued Volunteer program. We are in constant need of dedicated volunteers to support us in delighting our members. Any volunteer that documents four hours of service is eligible for a free In-person Chapter Meeting.
Want to get more involved with our family? Please contact Danielle Bower, our Associate Director of Membership to learn more about volunteer opportunities and the Valued Volunteer program - firstname.lastname@example.org
On we grow,