Sarah Khambatta, PCC - ICF Los Angeles President
Welcome, International Coach Federation of Los Angeles Community!
Happy (almost) New Year! I am honored to be of service as your new ICFLA President. As the year draws to a close, I am genuinely excited about 2019.
As ICFLA represents the mission of ICF Global, I am committed to advancing the profession of coaching, providing tools and support for coaches, and expanding ICFLA as a worldwide recognized leader. Together with an amazing ICFLA Board, we will continue creating opportunities for coaching awareness for organizations, individuals, and the general public.
My intention for ICFLA in 2019 is to create Playfulness, Connection, and Growth!
Why Playfulness? As a 29-year-old (many years ago), I mentored young women entering the work world. At the time I did not know I could be paid for doing what I loved. For those women who met at my house for years, having a sense of playfulness within the work of change, transformation and development was pivotal. In 2012, entering coach training from a theatre background, I found the value of playfulness is an expression of trust. Strategizing, implementing and creating with playfulness releases us from our limits to who and what we can become.
As President-Elect this year, I have endeavored to connect, hear and be inspired by you, the people in our coaching community. This has been a two-pronged approach:
- Together with several Board and ICFLA Members, we created three surveys: one for the Board, for leaders of our events, and lastly our full distribution list of 2,500. The latter survey has 180 responses with a day to go.
Hearing your feedback is a huge help in connecting with your ideas, goals, and wishes for 2019. This makes carrying out many of them possible. So thank you for your responses.
- Secondly, to establish a new Board, Associate Directors, and Ambassadors, I had conversations with many folks.
What have I learned so far? We have an amazing and wildly varied community of talented leaders, coaches, speakers, and trainers. The quote I heard many times in these conversations is, “I have valued the programming and what ICFLA has created - it’s about time I give back.”
Please check out our new leadership team here!
We will continue with Chapter Meetings, Teleclasses, Coaching Cafes and Special Interest Groups (SIGs). We are planning an exciting new experiment with International Coaching Week 2019, as well as continuing pro bono coaching. Once we receive the final survey results, more details will be revealed about new programs being developed.
1) We will continue to hold six (6) in-person Chapter Meetings at the Skirball Cultural Arts Center. We’ll meet the third Wednesday of January, March, May, August, October and on the first Wednesday in December.
2) We will continue to offer a variety of Special Interest Groups (SIGs) in February, April, June, July, September, and November.
3) We will continue to offer monthly Teleclasses and Coaching Cafes.
As we begin the new year, I’m looking forward to meeting new members and those who I have not met yet. Reach out to me at a meeting or through our website. Here’s to Playfulness, Connection, and Growth with you in 2019!
Wishing you joyful holidays and a prosperous start to the New Year!