Rachel Karu, ICF Los Angeles President
Happy Spring ICFLAers!
This is my absolute favorite time of the year. As we experience beautiful changes in our weather (although not too dramatically in Los Angeles), Spring metaphorically feels like an opportunity for fresh starts and renewal.
As I reflect upon 2018 thus far we have already engaged in many positive changes for our chapter:
- 6 in person chapter meetings instead of 11. This has resulted in double the number of participants at our last two chapter meetings!
- Creation of 8 Special Interest Groups
- Brand new Valued Volunteer program where volunteers can receive a free chapter meeting after volunteering for just 4 hours
- New Volunteer page on the website to learn about current volunteer opportunities
- Updated Find a Coach feature on our website so potential clients can find you
- Upgrade to our Post an Event feature for our members so it is easier to share your upcoming offerings
- Creation of more touch points from ICFLA to our members and guests that attend our events so we can better serve you
Hopefully you are impressed and delighted with all of the above mentioned initiatives.
But wait if all that isn’t enough, here is one more exciting announcement! (drum roll please…)
ICFLA NEW Student Associate Level!
The future of our chapter relies heavily on new coaches becoming a part of our community. We recognize that in the past it might have been difficult to be involved as you are already laying out money for school and possibly certification.
For these reasons we are happy to share that our new Student Associate membership allows you to be a part of ICFLA at a discounted rate of $45 per year (versus our regular $75 ICFLA member rate. This rate is for all students regardless of whether you are a coaching student or enrolled in another type of university.
Associate Student includes:
- FREE teleclasses, Special Interests Groups (SIGs), and coaching cafes
- FREE coaching profile on the ICFLA website to help build your business
- FREE access to teleclass library, members-only events, and volunteer opportunities
- 40% discount on all chapter meetings and events
- Membership to one of the most active ICF chapters in the nation!
Have we piqued your curiosity?Do you want to experience ICFLA before making a decision? If so, we are delighted to offer you a complimentary in person Chapter meeting ($40 value). Please contact Danielle Bower our Associate Director of Membership to learn more.
All of these initiatives as well as future exciting plans are part of ICFLA’s ARE vision for the year. How can we:
- Retain, and most importantly
- Engage you as our members.
ICFLA board of directors are hopeful that all of the above mentioned initiatives are exciting ways to make you feel a part of our special community. We would not exist with YOU!
We hope that you can join us for our upcoming May 16th chapter meeting at 6:30 pm PST at the Skirball. Not only are we honored to have the amazing Ken Nowack speak on the Neurobiology of Feedback, it is also ICF International Coach Week. We will share more about our upcoming Pro Bono Program with Social Ventures Partners (Thanks to over 30 of you who raised your hand to participate!). In case that isn’t enough, we are also delighted that our Regional ICF Team Matt Varney and Kendra Redman will be joining us at the meeting and that you will have an opportunity to meet them.
Words cannot express my gratitude to our amazing community and to our fabulous Board of Directors. I am delighted to be serving our fantastic community!
On we grow,