Help Them Grow or Watch Them Go
with Julie Winkle Giulioni
Thursday, September 20th, 11:00 AM - 12:00 PM Pacific
CCEs Available: 0.5 CCE for Core Competencies & 0.5 CCE for Resource Development
Teleclass is FREE to attend. CCE Certificate is Free to ICFLA Members, or $15.00 for non-Members and guests.
Many clients seek out coaching in response to disappointing career results. They didn’t get that promotion they’d been angling for. They feel like they’re stagnating. Their talents are being overlooked or underutilized. They don’t see a future in their organization’s future.
In most cases, part of the challenge resides within the individual. And, as a professional coach, you are well-equipped to guide a process of self-discovering that can lead to greater effectiveness. But, let’s be honest… part of the challenge resides within the changing landscape and the evolving nature of the very idea of careers.
- How can you help clients re-think what career development is and how it operates in 2018?
- How can you facilitate them toward finding growth and engagement despite today’s flatter and promotion-limited world?
- How can you support clients in shifting their focus from ‘what they want to be’ to ‘what they want to do’?
- And, how can you encourage them to apply new approaches to career development to those whom they lead?
This tele-class, based upon the bestselling book, Help Them Grow or Watch Them Go, helps you help others navigate today’s environment where the whole idea of ‘career’ is quickly becoming anachronistic. In particular, this session supports the following ICF Core Competencies:
- Powerful Questions
- Creating Awareness
- Designing Actions
- Planning and Goal Setting
By the conclusion of the session, participants will be able to:
- Confront their own perceptions and beliefs about career development
- Offer alternate ways of thinking about careers and career growth
- Help others consider how to leverage hindsight and foresight toward career insight
- Challenge clients to establish development goals and actions that leverage the ‘here and now’
Julie Winkle Giulioni specializes in improving performance through learning. She’s partnered with hundreds of organizations to develop and deploy innovative leadership training solutions that are in use worldwide.
Prior to co-founding her bi-coastal consulting firm DesignArounds, Julie was Director of Product Development for one of the world’s largest commercial training companies. She also held multiple training leadership roles and was a department chair and professor at a Southern California University.
Julie was named one of Inc. Magazines top 100 leadership speakers and has received multiple awards including the Global HR Excellence Award for Strategic Leadership from the World HR Congress.
She is the co-author of the Amazon bestseller, Help Them Grow or Watch Them Go: Career Conversations Employees Want, a respected speaker on a variety of topics, and a regular contributor to many business publications.
Learn more about Julie.
Website | Blog | Twitter | Facebook | LinkedIn