Staying Out of Ethics Hot Water: How Ethical "Gray Area" Situations Can Turn Into Black and White Breaches of Ethic Codes - Part 2
with Tina Elliot, MBA, PCC, BCC
Wednesday, September 5th, 11:00 AM - 12:30 PM Pacific
CCEs Available: 1.5 CCEs for Core Competencies in Ethics
Teleclass is FREE to attend. CCE Certificate is Free to ICFLA Members, or $22.50 for non-Members and guests.
Ethics specific training which includes a review of ethical gray area situations – what are they and how operating in these gray areas could turn into a black and white breach of code if not aware. Ethical dilemmas will be reviewed in breakout groups to determine potential breaches of ICF code.
Part 2 – Continuing the Conversation from Part 1 on Ethical Gray Areas
There were numerous aspects of the ethical dilemma discussed in Part 1earlier this year that were not covered. We will be diving more deeply with additional discussion and clarity around how if this situation is not handled correctly it could lead to a laundry list of breaches of ethics code.
This ethics specific training is focused on:
- Understanding ethical “gray area” situations and how to move through them consciously and course correct if necessary
- Gain a heightened awareness of what is an ethical “gray area” situation is and how they can turn into breach of black and white ethics code
- A process for working through ethical gray area situations to determine the best path
- Breakout sessions with “hands-on” learning, diving into coaching dilemmas with a small team
- Meet and get to know your coaching colleagues better in the breakout sessions
- Hands-on experience with the ICF Code of Ethics improving your ability to interpret the code of ethics and its application.
- Gain clarity on how a few mistakes can turn a coaching engagement south
- Tips on how to Stay Out of Ethical Hot Water
Tina Elliot, MBA, PCC, BCC, is known as “The Professionals’ Coach,” she has been supporting high achieving managers and leaders to become powerful, purpose-driven leaders for many years.
Tina is a member and a Professional Certified Coach through the International Coach Federation (ICF), a Board Certified Coach and holds an MBA.
She is an assessor and faculty member at Institute for Life Coach Training University of Texas at Dallas. She is a Mentor Coach and a Coaching Ethics Specialist with over 15 years of experience as a past Board Member on the ICF’s Independent Review Board processing ethical complaints and has been part of the ICF Code of Ethics Review Team updating the code since inception.
Tina recently headed up The Ethics Task Force for ACTO – Association for Coach Training Organizations to update their Ethics Code and Create Ethical Conduct Review Processes for Coach Training Organizations & Trainers.
She is passionate about ethics in the coaching profession and provides in depth ethics training for coaches so they may learn how to Stay Out of Ethical Hot Water.
Learn more about Tina.