FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
January 12, 2022
Contact: Lauren Miura,
Director of Communications, ICFLA
LOS ANGELES, CA, January 12, 2022 – Carrie Williams has been named 2022 President of the International Coaching Federation Los Angeles Chapter (ICFLA)
Carrie Williams has been named 2022 President of the International Coaching Federation Los Angeles Chapter (ICFLA).
Williams is a Los Angeles-based certified professional coach, speaker and author. A former casting director who has worked for companies such as Saatchi & Saatchi, McCann Erickson, BBDO, Leo Burnett, Ogilvy & Mather, Coca-Cola, McDonald’s and Johnson & Johnson, Williams is the founder of RainShadow Coaching and a long-time member of the ICFLA volunteer Board of Directors.
ICFLA was established on May 22, 2002 when 11 members held the first meeting at a Los Angeles fire station. Over the past 20 years, ICFLA has grown to be one of the most active ICF chapters in the world, with a membership of over 400 professional coaches who live all over the globe.
“I’m excited to lead this dynamic and creative chapter into its third decade,” Williams said. “I believe that coaches are the unsung change-makers of the world. The last few years have taught us of the importance of living a life of purpose – where our actions align with our values and beliefs. As a society, we must become very clear about how we want to live and the impact we want to have. This will require embracing change and growth. Coaches are experts at enabling change and growth in individuals, businesses and communities.”
Williams succeeds ICFLA 2021 President John Volturo, who will continue to serve on the Board of Directors throughout 2022. Under Volturo’s leadership, ICFLA created a Diversity, Equity and Inclusion committee; re-imagined Chapter meetings to foster virtual connection during the pandemic; and launched an Emotional Intelligence Special Interest Group, among other accomplishments.
2022 ICFLA Board of Directors:
- Carrie Williams, President
- Diana Ideus, President-Elect
- John Volturo, Immediate Past President
- Rachel Karu, Executive Advisor
- Camille McKinney, Executive Advisor
- Edith Hamilton, Treasurer
- Samantha Kramer, Secretary
- Heba Turner, Director, Chapter Meetings
- Lauren Miura, Director, Communications
- Iris Gelt Warner, Advisor, Communications
- Adeline Yoong, Director, Community Outreach
- Joel Pérez, Director, Diversity, Equity and Inclusion
- Pedro Pinto, Director, IT
- Jen Wilson, Director, Membership
- Adam Venker, Director, Teleclasses
- Tiffany Dedeaux, Director, Volunteers
- Erica Schwartz Hall, Associate Director, Chapter Meetings
- Paul Sanbar, Associate Director, Coaching Cafes
- Kymberly Akouris, Associate Director, Communications
- Christy Villaseñor, Associate Director, Communications
- Matt Mills, Associate Director, Membership
- Susana Rinderle, Associate Director, Membership
- DeBorah “Sunni” Smith, Associate Director, Special Events
- Kathy Hadizadeh Mehr, Associate Director, Special Interest Groups (SIGS)
- Lisa Perlman, Associate Director, Special Interest Groups (SIGS)
- Jason Press, Associate Director, Sponsorship
- Hitomi Taguchi, Associate Director, Teleclasses
ICFLA is the Los Angeles Chapter of the International Coaching Federation, the world’s largest organization leading the global advancement of the coaching profession and fostering coaching’s role as an integral part of a thriving society. Our mission is to provide connection, education and resources to practicing and aspiring professional coaches, to help them enhance their professional skills and grow their practices.
As the acknowledged and award-winning ICF leader in virtual professional and educational offerings, ICFLA brings together coaches, experts, facilitators, and international thought leaders with world-class programming, including innovative, in-person and virtual forums. We organize and stage over 120 meetings, events, and learning opportunities each year. More than 40 percent of ICFLA members live outside of the Los Angeles region, across the country and around the world.
Learn more at www.icfla.org