ABOUT OUR CHAPTER
OUR MISSION: We provide connection, education and resources to practicing and aspiring professional coaches, to help them enhance their professional skills and grow their practices.
The ICF Los Angeles chapter of ICF Global was established on May 22, 2002, and the very first chapter meeting of its 11 members was held in a police station! Since then, we have grown to be one of the most active ICF chapters in the world, with a membership of over 400 professional coaches. We are local, regional, national, and global – over 40% of our members are from across the country and around the world.
As the acknowledged and award-winning ICF leader in virtual professional and educational offerings, we bring together coaches, experts, facilitators, and international thought leaders with innovative, in-person and virtual forums. We organize and stage over 120 meetings, events, and learning opportunities each year.
We also partner with and promote other coaching organizations, events and professional opportunities. These include learning and development opportunities like WBECS, Talent Summit, International Coaching Week, Special Interest Groups, Coaching Cafes, and many more.
THE COMMUNITIES WE SERVE: In addition to helping propel the careers of our robust coaching community, we actively demonstrate and promote the value of coaching to businesses across the region.
Our website has 5,000+ unique visitors per month. Our newsletter reaches a readership of 3,000 members and visitors, encouraging professional growth, partnerships and collaborations.
One of our deepest values is giving back to our local communities by offering pro bono coaching and other professional and educational offerings. To that end, we work closely with schools, civic groups and non-profits, where we provide coaching support to help them successfully meet their business goals.
In turn, we are supported by sponsors who recognize the powerful impact that coaches have on their clients and are committed to helping the profession grow and flourish.
COACHING IS A GAME-CHANGER: As coaching has matured as a profession, so has its influence on business. According to a recent ICF Global annual global coaching study, more than 38% of professional coaches see an increased awareness of the benefits of coaching, and over 26% can provide credible data on the ROI/ROE from coaching. Here are a few impressive facts and figures:
• One third of all Fortune 500 companies utilize executive coaching as standard leadership development for their elite executives and talented up-and-comers. 1
• Individuals increase their productivity by an average of 86% when training is combined with coaching, compared to just 22% with training alone. 2
• For every $1 invested in Executive Coaching, companies surveyed received an average return of $7.90. 3
• 86% of companies rate their ROI favorably for their investment in coaching, stating that the investment at least paid for itself. 4
• More than half of coach practitioners (51%) believe to a large extent that coaching can influence social change. An additional 33% hold that belief to a moderate extent. 5
• The profession continues to grow, with an estimated 53,300 professional coaches generating approximately $2.356 billion USD in annual revenue/income. 6
INTERESTED IN LEARNING MORE? As the face and voice of coaching in Los Angeles – home to many high-profile industries, from entertainment and the arts to sports, finance and technology.
We help leaders who influence the world.
Come join us! Support us! Learn and grow with us!
For more information, contact: firstname.lastname@example.org
1 The Hay Group (2011) Monty Wyatt, Business Coaching Statistics
2 The Personnel Management Association, p14 IPEC Coaching Report
3,4 MetrixGlobal LLC, p14 IPEC Coaching Report
5, 6 ICF Global Coaching Study