Dear ICFLA Community,
Living in California after growing up on the East Coast offers a diverse perspective. For example, I overheard my kids talking about how April showers bring May flowers, yet rain is scarce in April in California. That said, it’s Spring, and it is still a time to plant seeds for future growth. With that, we enter April and the upcoming opportunities it presents to us as a community.
Here’s what I’m excited about in April:
- Our upcoming Member Drive: our Membership team is about to launch our first annual membership drive, and it’s an excellent opportunity to ensure you have continuous access to all that ICFLA offers included with your membership. Look for our renewal emails soon.
- This month we will invite you to register for International Coaching Week coming up in May. Your membership fee includes access to most events. This year, we are excited to feature events that include Marshall Goldsmith, the ROI of Coaching (from ICF Board Chair Catherine Tanneau), as well as other distinguished guests to be announced. Make sure your membership is up to date.
- While we mourn the loss of family and friends to COVID and hope for the speedy recovery of those who currently have it, the good news is that COVID cases are presently declining in Los Angeles. We feel it’s too soon to meet in person, yet we hope to see you again beginning sometime in the summer (if cases and vaccination rates continue to improve). Please look for a quick survey in your inbox soon.
Update on workshops:
- Our Communications team is working on a great “how-to” video to help you register for the Find a Coach section of our website. After months of fine-tuning, the Find a Coach page is working well in terms of offering members more exposure to the community - and it works even better when you upload your profile! So, be on the lookout for a helpful, hands-on video featuring Communications team member Nicole Leighton. Thanks to Iris, Tiffany, and the rest of the team!
We are actively recruiting volunteers in all areas of our Chapter. Specifically:
- Director of Programming
- Membership volunteers
- Sponsorship support volunteers
- Web support or IT
- Appreciation and recognition volunteers
If you’re interested in volunteering an hour a month, or maybe a little more, please reach out to Maryam Solhjou at firstname.lastname@example.org.
There is more goodness to come! Please let me know how we may be of service.
2021 ICFLA Chapter President