Community and Connection
As many of you know, ICF launched its annual membership campaign in mid-February. If you haven’t done so already, please consider renewing your ICF membership now or anytime before March 31st.
When you renew your ICF Global Membership, please select ICFLA as your local affiliated chapter. By selecting ICFLA as your local chapter, we continue to receive financial support from ICF Global, ensuring we have the resources to continue providing you with the best programming, events and other benefits our chapter can offer.
It is our ICFLA memberships that keep us connected as a coaching community. It is through our memberships that we are able to deliver the great benefits that come with being part of a community committed to the growth of the coaching profession in Los Angeles and in the world!
We hope you've seen our recent communications about your ICFLA membership. To recap, we recently re-launched our automated membership renewal notification process that was halted after our move to a new website platform. Members will now be notified as much as 90 days prior to your membership renewal date, allowing plenty of time to renew before your membership has a chance to lapse.
As a reminder, we offer three (3) levels of membership, including the following virtual event benefits:
- ICFLA Membership - as a full ICFLA member, you are provided with the highest level of benefits, including free attendance at our virtual Teleclass and SIG events, with CCEs included. This level of membership requires ICF Global membership.
- Community Associate - as a Community Associate, your attendance at our virtual Teleclass and SIG events continues to be free, however, you must purchase available CCEs. ICF Global membership is not required.
- Student Associate - with the membership fee at half the price of ICFLA or Community Associate membership, the benefits are on par with Community Associate membership.
To see the full list of member benefits by membership type, visit our Member Benefits webpage.
Additionally, we listened to you and decided to SUSPEND our auto-renewal process that required members to have a PayPal account so their membership would auto-renew upon their next renewal date. Note that we use PayPal as our credit card processor; however, you can now use a bank debit or credit card to pay for your membership renewal. A PayPal account is no longer required.
Interested in Volunteering?
We continue to look for volunteers from our diverse coaching community to support ICFLA and our mission. Without volunteers in these key roles, we are unable to effectively deliver on some of our keep programs and initiatives. Please consider being of service to your local coaching tribe!
We have some open roles in a few of our Volunteer teams, including:
- Communications - We are looking to fill a couple of critical Ambassador roles on the Communications team; one in Social Media and one in Design. For Social Media, we are looking for someone to post about our events, classes, cafes, and success tips to Facebook groups, LinkedIn, Twitter, Instagram throughout the week. As for Design, you don’t have to be a designer, but we’d love if you have a good eye and facility for PowerPoint to help us create exciting and engaging flyers and communications for our special events.
- Teleclasses - ICFLA Teleclass Programs is looking for volunteers to support our on-going webinar programming. Ideally, the persons are familiar with the Zoom Webinar or Zoom Meeting platform and able to provide a warm, welcoming and professional presence while on-camera. Attention to detail is a must. Facilitation and moderating skills a plus.
- Special Interest Groups (SIGs) - We are looking for someone to take on a leadership role (Associate Director) to support SIG program leadership and strategy. We are also looking for one or two SIG Hosts to help our SIG Leaders facilitate their virtual events. Similar to Teleclass programming, a familiarity with the Zoom Webinar or Zoom Meeting platform and able to provide a warm, welcoming and professional presence while on-camera. Attention to detail is a must. Facilitation and moderating skills a plus.
If any of these roles is sparking interest, please let us know by sending an email to email@example.com. We would love to have you join us!
We want to thank you for your commitment to ICFLA!