HAPPY NEW YEAR!
I hope you all had a wonderful holiday season, and are looking forward to the new year (and decade)!
First, I’d like to introduce myself. My name is Camille McKinney, and I’m your 2020 ICFLA President. I’m thrilled to take on this exciting role and to explore what’s possible in 2020.
I would also like to introduce you to the rest of the 2020 ICFLA Board of Directors. Please take a moment to review to learn more about us!
New Year’s Day is my favorite holiday. I try to take off work between Christmas and New Year’s Day to reflect and recalibrate in preparation for what is to come in the new year. The idea of intentional reflection...really looking back at what went well, what didn’t go so well, and what I can do differently in the new year...is an important exercise for me both personally and professionally.
So let’s take a minute to reflect on a few highlights for ICFLA in 2019:
- The second year of our Special Interest Group (SIG) programming demonstrated amazing growth! Attendance increased by 86%!
- We offered some amazing special programming, including
- Global Connect (as part of International Coaching Week), featuring speakers and chapter leaders from 11 chapters in nine countries
- LGBTQ-focused webinar, called Coach With Pride: Coaching in the LGBTQ Community
- Our 3rd annual Talent Summit, with a record eight participating organizations
- We launched our new website, which includes all the functionality of the previous website AND new, exciting features like:
- A member Dashboard which includes a history of each member’s registrations and purchases
- Automated CCE certificates
- Virtual event video recordings, free for ICFLA Members
- (Coming soon!) A dedicated page to share business opportunities with other coaches within our community
Now on to 2020!
Each ICFLA President starts their year by identifying a ‘theme’ or focus for the year. Here’s our vision for 2020:
ICFLA delivers a high-quality member experience through:
- Consistency - a reliable experience that members can count on
- Creativity - diverse and inspirational content
- Connection - continuing opportunities to come together and grow as coaches
Our chapter has experienced significant change and growth over the last couple of years, and while we will continue to look at what we do and how we do it, we want to focus on strengthening the foundation of our amazing organization. The 2019 annual Member and Subscriber Survey provided us with some critical feedback that we’ve taken to heart. Please know that we heard you...thank you for telling us what is important to you. Our 2020 programming will reflect some of your thoughtful and creative suggestions.
Save the dates!
Mark your calendars with these 2020 Chapter Meeting dates at the Skirball:
- January 15th
- March 11th
- May 13th
- August 19th
- October 21st
- December 2nd
I look forward to working with you in support of our amazing community!