Do you have an upcoming event that you would like to share with our ICFLA community? The purpose of this page is to create an opportunity for ICFLA members to do just that!
- You must be a full ICFLA Member to post an event
- All submissions are reviewed and must be approved prior to posting on this page
- Events posted on this page do not imply endorsement by ICFLA
To post your Event:
- Complete the following form: Link
- Allow five (5) days for your event to be posted on the Members' Events page
Dates: April 1, April 15, April 29 and May 13, 2021
Time: 2:00 PM - 4:00 PM
Event Location: Virtual
Find out more: Website
“It is not the strongest of the species that survives, nor the most intelligent that survives. It is the one that is most adaptable to change.” - Charles Darwin
Self-Resilience is our ability to bounce back from adversity. Increase your personal resilience by focusing on eight foundational Resilience Facets based on Rachel Karu’s Self-Resilience Indicator. This interactive series provides advanced strategies and tools to support you personally so you can better serve your clients, employees, and other important people in your life.
We have been in an altered state due to the pandemic and other societal issues for more than a year -- it's crucial that we take care of ourselves, our businesses, our families, and others. As nonprofit professionals, we thrive at being in service to others and sometimes forget to put our 'oxygen mask on first’.
Upon Registration: Complete the Self-Resilience Indicator that will be emailed to you
Module 1: Series Context Setting, Self-Awareness and Self-Confidence/Self Control-Facets
Module 2: Self-Care and Organized/Proactive Facets
Module 3: Flexible/Adaptable and Problem Solver Facets
Module 4: Socially Connected/Social Support and Socially Competent Facets, Series Finale and Next Steps
Note: the instructor will be offering an optional individual 75 minutes, customized Self-Resilience Indicator debrief either before, during, or after the series to all participants (discounted additional fee).
Dates: May 22, 2021
Time: 8:00 AM - 3:00 PM
Facilitators: Janine Davis / Lakeya Cherry
This series will be fully virtual and facilitated using ZOOM. You’ll receive information on an invite after you complete registration.
Find out more: Website
Based on the research of Dr. Brené Brown, Dare to Lead™ is an empirically based courage-building program designed to be facilitated by organizational development professionals. Brené is a research professor at the University of Houston where she holds the Huffington Foundation – Brené Brown Endowed Chair at The Graduate College of Social Work. She has spent the past two decades studying courage, vulnerability, shame, and empathy, and most recently completed a seven-year study on courageous leadership.
The most significant finding from Brené’s latest research is that courage is a collection of four skill sets that are teachable, measurable, and observable.
- Rumbling with Vulnerability – facing your current reality with courage
- Living Into Your Values – identifying and operationalizing your values so the walk is being talked
- BRAVING Trust – creating or strengthening relationships using the seven elements of trust
- Learning to Rise – evolving and rising from life’s inevitable failures and challenges
The Dare to Lead™ workshop is a highly interactive experience focused on developing these skills. If any of these characteristics ring true for you or your organization, the Dare to Lead™ workshop could be transformational:
A team that lacks trust, collaboration, and alignment towards a common goal
- An inability to have tough conversations or give hard feedback
- A disconnect between the walk and the talk
- Low levels of innovation
- Challenge around Diversity, Equity, Inclusion, and Belonging
- Lack of psychological safety
- High turnover
- Build greater self-awareness and choose how you respond versus being reactionary
- Develop skills around having hard conversations and learn how to give and receive feedback
- Learn how to build (or rebuild) trust
- Show vulnerability from a place of grounded confidence
- Live in integrity with your values, including the values you hold around Diversity, Equity, Inclusion, and Belonging
- Lead with empathy and connection, versus shame and armoring up
- Build skills around resilience to be able to reboot quickly after setbacks