- This event has passed.
Chapter Meeting Dec 4
December 4, 2019 @ 5:30 pm - 8:30 pm
Come Celebrate the Holidays at our December Chapter Meeting
Playfulness, Connection & Growth: Celebrate and reflect on your year and set powerful intentions to launch your new year
CCEs: 1.0 Resource Development
Wednesday, December 4, 2019, 6:30 - 9:30 PM
Location: Skirball Cultural Center, Los Angeles, CA, US
To begin the year, we shared our 2019 intentions and asked you to share yours as well. We’d like to end the year by bringing our focus back to what’s most important, you. We invite you to reflect upon your intentions and commit to celebrating another year together working to make this the best ICF chapter around. We hope you join us for a uniquely experiential chapter meeting where we culminate the year by fulfilling our individual 2019 intentions of Playfulness, Connection, and Growth by celebrating the chapter and acknowledging you, our members.
Your takeaways from this night are:
- An opportunity to experience two of three mini-workshops, each created to assist you to build towards a successful 2020
- More time for community and fellowship with attendees
- A festive holiday atmosphere with special food and holiday cheer
Arrive at 6:30 pm to network and ensure you have your choice of which two of three workshops to experience!
Register Now! Tickets increase $5 for Members and Non-Member at 12:00pm (Noon) Pacific Standard Time on Wednesday November 27th
Learn more about the Three Learning Pods:
Playfulness Learning Pod: Coach Like an Improvisor
Facilitated by: Dr. Heather Backstrom
Coaches use any number of skills each time they work with a client. One that may not be so apparent is that of improvising. There are many parallels between what coaches do and what professional improvisors do. In simple terms, a coaching conversation is co-created between coach and client, similarly to what happens in improv with scene partners. Coaches (like improvisors) create space for the client, listen deeply, dance-in-the moment, navigate the unexpected and nurture trust.
In this highly interactive, experiential session we’ll play improv games and:
- Explore how “yes, and” is a powerful force that underpins a co-created relationship.
- Build trust by accepting offers and making your partner look good.
- Listen like an improviser where encouragement, acceptance, and exploration help your partner feel seen and heard.
- Dance in the moment by “following-the-follower” through being present and flexible with whatever is presented.
- Trust and use your intuition and Have fun!
Connection Learning Pod: Building Your Business Through Communication
Facilitated by: Michael Castiglione
As coaches, we are great at communicating, but not always great at closing the deal. Learn from a professional sales trainer and coach how he uses communication to convert a prospect into a client almost every time. Gain critical insights and learn new tools to help you follow-through with the larger prospects that help you and your team grow your business. Set actionable steps towards your year of unfathomable success!
Learn how to:
- Create a positive mindset around prospecting and business development by taking action.
- Take control of professional conversations that will lead to more business and less free consulting.
- Make more meaningful connections.
- How to address over-promising that creates customer dissatisfaction.
- Address the deficiencies of modern-day prospects psychology.
Growth Learning Pod: Enhance your coaching toolkit with the Transformation Model
Facilitated by: Dr. Abraham M. Gutsioglou
This mini-workshop aims to equip participants with an easy to use model to help their clients think differently about the world around them and the situations they find themselves in. Attend this mini-workshop to learn how to create and lead strategies that drive engagement and commitment so that clients can internalize the transformation.
Upon the conclusion of this workshop, you’ll:
- Understand how to use the elements of the Transformation Model to help your clients to think differently.
- Avoid pitfalls when going through a transformation yourself.
- Learn how to apply strategies to real-world situations in a variety of client situations.
Meet your Facilitators:
Dr. Heather Backstrom has more than 20 years of experience in organization and leadership development including coaching first-line managers up through C-suite level executives. She is also experienced with various assessment tools (i.e., MBTI, TKI, DiSC), and is skilled in Liberating Structures and Six Thinking Hats.
Heather loves to learn and have fun at the same time. She incorporates proven principles from improv into her work. As a student of improv, she has trained at The Second City, iO West and UCB (Upright Citizens Brigade).
She received a doctorate degree in organizational leadership from Pepperdine University.
Mike Castiglione brings 10+ years of real-world coaching, professional training, and leadership development. Mike believes that leadership is a choice and not just a rank granted by progressing through your career. True professional leadership comes from taking ownership in self-development by becoming a lifetime learner to continuously hone their craft.
Mike owns a Sandler Training Center in Los Angeles, where he coaches and trains sales professionals, business owners, and professions through a reinforced professional development model. Prior to owning a Sandler Training Center, he was a professor and director at Loyola Marymount University, where he focused on leadership development. Mike is a passionate leader that is dedicated to collaborating with professionals to build a systemic and sustainable culture for change.
Dr. Abraham M. Gutsioglou is an author, speaker, professor, and international consultant with a Ph.D. in Industrial/Organizational Psychology. Dr. Gutsioglou is an expert in creating business transformations with a special talent in revitalizing failing situations.
Over the years, he has helped companies and individuals approach problems and ideas in innovative ways. He has advised organizational leaders on how to create and lead business transformation strategies, impacting thousands of employees around the world with a record of successful execution. He has worked in various industries like manufacturing, technology, finance, healthcare, start-ups, family-owned companies, and academia.
Please select from the two choices below:
I am A Member
ICF LA Member, Community or Student Associate. You will be taken to another page to create a new password.
Registration Process for Members
Watch the video or read below for instructions.
All members need to reset their password before they can register. This is required to use our new system.
Note: You can always switch back to this page since the password reset will open in a new page.
- Click the Get Started button. You will be redirect to the reset password page.
- Enter your email address to reset your password. Note: your new username is your email address. Click 'Get New Password'
- You will get an email with a link to reset your password. Normally, this takes less than a minute but can take as long as 15 minutes. If you do not receive the email from icfla.org to reset your password please check your spam folder. If you still cannot locate the email please try resetting again.
- Click the link to reset your password. It will take you back to the same page but this time give you two fields to enter your new password. You will need to enter it twice to confirm it is correct. Please follow the instructions for character requirements. Click 'Reset Password'.
- If all goes well, you will see a message in green that says 'Your password has been reset'. Great! Now login with your new password.
- You will be redirected to your Dashboard. Click on the large button that says 'Click Here To Register Now'. You will be sent to purchase your ticket.
- Enter your ticket quantity and press 'Add to cart'. You will be sent to the Cart page. Verify your information then press 'Proceed to checkout'.
- Verify your billing details then at the bottom right corner of the page click 'Proceed to PayPal'. Note: Through Paypal, you can purchase with a credit card if you don't have a PayPal account.
- Once payment is complete you will be returned to our website and receive a couple of emails about your registration and event details.
I Am A Guest
For Non-members. You will make your ticket selection below before continuing to the checkout page.